Teenagers & Smartphones
A parent's guide to being smarter than a smartphone
Are you thinking about getting a smartphone for your teen?
Do you have concerns about the smartphone your teen already has?
In my conversations with teens and their parents I have noticed there are many issues and conflicts surrounding smartphones. Teens want them desperately and parents have increasing concerns. Will they become too distracted or get into trouble? Will they still get their homework done? Can I trust my teen?
My name is Uriah Guilford and I am a parent, a therapist and a technology geek. I want to help you improve your relationship with your teenager around the issues of technology and smartphones. I understand the challenges and I have some creative ideas to share with you.
This resource will help you create a good combination of reasonable limits & positive relationship with your teenager.
- Video presentation with slides & audio (50 min)
- Audio only version for listening in the car or on your smartphone :)
- Resource guide
- Parent worksheet
This resource will help you if you are a parent who is thinking about getting a smartphone for your teen or if you are a parent with a teen who already has a smartphone, but you have some concerns and need solid guidance.
What you will gain:
- Understand the positive and negative aspects of your teen's relationship with technology
- Discover ways to use smartphones to connect positively with your teen
- Learn the most important elements of a smartphone contract
- Learn the essential rules for responsible smartphone use
- Get ideas for practical ways to limit technology stress in your family
Why is it different?
There is a ton of information on the internet about teens & technology. Why should you choose to purchase this resource? What I am offering is a unique perspective on these issues. As a licensed therapist I have a solid understanding of family relationships and adolescent development as well as the most current technology and smartphones.
Uriah Guilford is a husband, father, family therapist and awesome drummer. He has been working with youth and families for over 16 years.
Uriah has also created online courses, written eBooks and been blogging for many years. All in the effort to help parents have positive relationships with their teens.